We are a team of experienced search engine marketers who have been working in the field of search engine optimisation since around 2005. We have helped large and small businesses to improve their visibility in the search engines through working alongside technical teams using Google best practice website guidelines to improve the technical side of their websites, as well as helping businesses to improve their website content/assets and also to then be proactive and creative in raising awareness of the business in order to gain links to their websites.
Our skills as a team include: creating suitable, relevant and interesting content for our clients’ websites and then making the most of it through link building in order to first raise awareness of your business and then secondly to get you known and recognised as a leading authority in your industry. Along with this recognition comes web traffic and most importantly lots of sales. We focus on creating great quality content that is relevant to your customers profile. We then research where your customers/potential customers are on the web and help you to get coverage there using the content that we created as well as other assets that you have in order to incentivise links.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimisation (SEO) is the process of engineering your website and also the content surrounding your website (on other websites linking to you) in order to gain visibility in the search engines results pages (SERPs) natural/organic or unpaid listings to meet your specific business goals.
As PPC involves a cost per click every time someone visits your website, SEO is seen as a far more lucrative marketing channel as you get people searching for the goods and services that you sell, finding your website and then coming to you for free meaning an incredible ROI.
However, as search marketing (both PPC and SEO) is now widely understood it has become harder and harder to gain high rankings in the search engine results pages (SERPs) for competitive keywords. It is now necessary to actively promote your website which is where an SEO consultant can help you.
What does an SEO Consultant do?
As this is a relatively young industry there is no set answer to this – all SEO consultants will have different strengths and weaknesses as well as differing opinions based on their experiences.
When looking for an SEO consultant you need to find someone who understands your business and who takes an active interest in your business and industry so can help you with being creative in content creation and use. They also need to be someone that you can work well with and get along with as you will be key to their success through helping them to fully understand your business and your USP’s.
Today SEO is as much a PR exercise as anything else. It is about getting your business (and the people within it) known as true authorities in the industry in which you work so that people trust that whatever you provide it is great value for their money. Social media also MUST now be a part of your SEO strategy; as search engines are actively seeking to understand authority and relevance of web pages, the amount that those pages are shared amongst related people on social media networks, gives search engines a clear signal to the quality and relevance of your content.
Today, Google and other search engines such as Bing use highly complex algorithms to determine the rankings that you see in the SERPs and they are pretty intelligent at understanding what the content on a web page is about and how important it is in comparison to all other web pages of a similar theme. Although no-one understands all of these factors and exactly how they work an SEO consultant should have a solid understanding and idea of them.
SEO typically involves a 6 step process:
1) Analyse a business and it’s website to understand the specific business aims, identify target keywords and see current back link situation.
2) Analyse competitors to see what they are doing – build off their good ideas and formulate a plan around how to beat them.
3) Ensure that the website does not have anything that is stopping search engine crawlers from accessing or crawling your pages.
4) Making sure that the code of your website contains all necessary signals to search engines regarding the content of the page e.g. URL structure, h1 tags, page headers, keyword targeted image tags and a meta description.
5) Creating good interesting content that is targeted for your users and not just search engines (again, they are pretty intelligent) but does contain your target keywords is really a key aspect of long term success with SEO. Content can take the form of blog posts/articles/images/videos/infographics/webinars/ebooks – basically anything that is of help and relevance to your target customer.
6) Building up good quality links to your website – this is the tricky and time consuming one that is the biggest headache for most SEO experts. There are a number of ways to do this and a different approach is needed for every website but if you are a true expert in your field and are open to sharing your ideas with others then you can be successful in your link building as it is all about contributing to the web, and once you contribute good content you will get links back to you that help you to rank much more highly in the SERPs.
Why use Deep Footprints as your SEO Consultant?
We have been working in search marketing since 2005 and have helped some of the UK’s top brands to increase their visibility in the search engines organic listings through blogging, partnerships, social media and relationship based link building.
We also work with a number of small businesses in order to help them achieve their SEO goals. Our current clients have seen up to a 100% increase in traffic over 6 months and this has been followed by leads and orders.
In addition to a high level of skill we have low overheads (we are a virtual business) so can offer you SEO services at a fraction of the cost of the average SEO agency.
You will also get true commitment from us if we take you on as a client as your success will be our bread and butter – you will not be ‘just another client’ as you would be with many marketing agencies who manage large numbers of client relationships.
If you are interested in having a discussion with us about your business and how we can help you then please get in touch at any time.